The scope of the professional services rendered by Estate Surveyors and Valuers includes:
- Valuation of interest in land and building for various purposes: sale, mortgage, insurance, acquisition, probate, stocks and shares, balance sheet, taxation etc.
- Valuation of plant and machinery, equipment, fixtures and fittings, stock in trade, furniture, motor vehicles, engineering installations/system and infrastructure.
- Valuation of construction projects.
- Valuation of oil and gas installations.
- Valuation of aviation and navigation installations, including aircrafts, ships and vessels.
- Valuation for compulsory acquisition and compensation purposes.
- Feasibility/ viability appraisal of planned development/projects.
- Estate agency - property sales, leases and auctions.
- Advice on property rights, acquisition and transfer.
- Building maintenance management.
- Project analyses and surveying.
- Property management and development.
- Infrastructure and facilities management.
- Land reform, land registration, planning and analysis.
- Construction project management.
- Project finance procurement and syndication.
- Environmental impact survey, analysis and valuation.
- Property Inventory and Audit.
- Asset management.
The above list is not exhaustive as more functions of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers created by statutes, business practices and development in the field of Estate Management/Land Economics from time to time.